Schisandra berry, or Fructus Schisandrae, is an herb traditionally used for treating a cough or supporting the kidneys. It is considered an adaptogen, meaning that it helps the body to adapt to stress. Schisandra is commonly known for improving liver function by stimulating enzymes and promoting liver cell growth, making it a beneficial herb for treating Hep C. But there are other uses for this berry that you may not know about.
Here are five ways Schisandra can support athletes:
1. For some, it can help with exercise performance and improves coordination and endurance.
2. Schisandra can also help to support the immune system and aiding in a faster recovery from surgery or injury.
3. It can help with mental performance and to improve concentration, attention, and speed of thinking.
4. It can help with any nerve pain.
5. Schisandra helps with relieving mental stress too.
This is berry interesting, don't you think?