What does that even mean? Eating seasonably means that we are eating produce that is in season, rather than eating the foods year round. Here are a few reasons why you might want to pick more in season foods:
1. Some of the very best top chefs agree that fresh seasonal produce tastes better.
2. Fruits and vegetables that are locally in season have higher quality nutrients than their overseas frozen friends.
3. Research has shown that a fruit and vegetable bought in the summer can be as much as a third cheaper than the same produce bought out of season.
4. Growing fruit and veg in season requires lower levels of artificial inputs like heating, lighting, pesticides and fertilizers than at other times of the year. Seasonable produce has a lower environmental impact.
5. Eating more vegetables and fruits that are locally in season means that you can cut back on how much meat and animal products you are consuming. And that's great for everyone!