Getting more fiber in your diet is a great goal for athletes. A diet containing a variety of fiber can help to keep digestive tract running smoothly and even promote healthy body weight.
Avoiding packaged foods is a good rule of thumb. Products designed to be "high in fiber" will generally contain only one type of fiber, and we are looking for much more variety than that. Look for whole grains like oats and rice. Eating seasonal produce is another easy way to ensure you are getting a wide range of fiber.
Here are a few snacks and meals that are easy to prepare:
1. Whole grain cereal or oatmeal.
2. Apple and banana slices.
3. Three bean salad with tomatoes, corn, onion, and green peppers.
4. Carrot and red pepper slices and hummus.
5. Whole grain pasta and roasted veggies, like carrots, sweet potato, and brussel sprouts.
6. Lentil soup and avocado toast.
7. Whole grain crackers and peanut butter.